|The LORD is my shepherd;|
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. (Psalm 23:1-3)
My sheep hear my voice,
and I know them, and they follow me:
and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish... (John 10:27,28)
|Is He your Shepherd? or, |
Do you lack peace and cannot find it?
Are you feeding on the good that He has for you?
Are you refreshed by the Life which flows from Him?
The way, that seemed right to me, led to death.
Yet, He mercifully rescued me, and gave me
a new heart, to love Him and His ways.
"Come unto Me... and rest..." He calls.
Come, meet Him in His Word, The Book
Welcome to . . .
This is a Mirror Site, to www.theBookwurm.com and www.theBookwurm.net(See Notes at page bottom, for site security differences.)
The ''Wurm'' in our name comes from the editor of this site, David Wurm -
Dave and his wife, Mary Ellen, are graduates of Philadelphia College of Bible, Philadelphia, PA. Since then, they have made their home in Alaska. For more than a decade, Dave served several small villages as a circuit riding pastor, traveling primarily by small aircraft. In recent years, he has been active in Bible preaching and teaching at churches in the Fairbanks area.
''The Book'' refers to the Book of books, the Holy Bible. This Book tells us where we came from and where we are going. It introduces us to our Creator and reveals His character and His plans for His creation. It shows us what separates us from a right relationship with Him, and why our relationships with other people are so easily marred. This Book explains the history and foretells the future concerning the nation of Israel and the conflict that surrounds her. It points us to the One who came historically to save His people from their sins, and who will personally come again in the future to bring the salvation that He has purchased to its completion. This One is Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ (or, the Messiah), the Savior of the world, and the Lord (King) of those who belong to Him. No one can afford to ignore Him. It is no exaggeration to say that this Book tells His story from cover to cover. So, now you know why we're called The Book - Wurm.
The Holy Bible (KJV) in HTML format forms the foundation of this internet browser accessible publication. A number of resources interact with this platform, including notes (edited by Dave) on key books of the Bible which he has had opportunity to teach. This is a work in progress, since notes on additional books are being added as time permits. Since, it is the editor's conviction that the Bible is its own best commentary, the notes are intended to interconnect various passages to bring out the full meaning. Related passages may be viewed in a multiple window page by clicking on cross reference links.
Why not click on the link above and give it a trial run? (Its Free! Everything on this site is offered ''without money and without price'' for the glory of God.) When you open The Book, in the default mode, your browser should display three windows with a horizontal button bar above the top window. Available Resources include: Introductory Studies, Notes on individual Bible Books, the entire Bible, and a Glossary of archaic English words (as used in the KJV Bible).
Here is a sampling of the resources which are included:
- Book Notes - verse by verse studies of several Bible books. For example:Psalms of the Messiah (or the same study in 3 Columns mode) -
A look at the person and work of the Messiah as described in the Book of Psalms.
These book study notes are included in The Book and are accessed via the Book Notes button (or, click the link above).
- Understanding the Bible - Lessons and Resources (or the same study in 3 Columns mode) -These studies provide an overview of the Bible and some of its major themes.
If you are looking for a Doctrinal Statement (What we believe) for this site, Lesson #6 provides a brief summary.
These lessons are included in The Book and are accessed via the Resource Menu button (or, click the link above).
- Other resources and publications available on the Resource Menu, such as:
- Bible Text - Lookup any passage in the Bible by book and chapter.
- Glossary - Find the definitions of many unusual or archaic words in the KJV Bible.
- Christ in All the Scriptures, by A.M. Hodgkin
- Old Testament Reflections of Christ, by Paul R. Van Gorder
- Book Notes - More detailed studies on several books of the Bible.
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth, by C.I. Scofield
- Christ in the Tabernacle, by W.W. Rugh
These studies have been produced with the desire that the Bible be clearly understood by as many people as possible. You may freely use, print, and distribute these materials, as long as you agree to the few limitations listed in our Copyright statement. See ''Copyright'' under the ''Help'' button on the button bar of The Book.You may also download ''The Book'' complete with all of the resources on the website, through the link below:
To facilitate electronic distribution (eg., from other websites) all files for The Book are contained in one large directory (approx. 16 MB). The entire program is written in HTML and is compatible with most internet browsers. The start file is: go_bible.htm (See the .Zip file instructions below.)
Of course, you may add a link from your site to our site. Here is coding for a typical HTML link:
<a href="https://www.thebookwurm.org/go_bible.htm">Link to The Book</a>
These files contain all of ''The Book'' files in a compressed format to facilitate downloading to your harddrive (or removable drive) for later off-line access with any internet browser. File size is approximately 8 MB (compressed) and 19 MB (decompressed).
- - After downloading, the .ZIP file must be decompressed with a utility program such as PKUNZIP or WinZip. (Decompression utilities are readily available for most operating systems.) Your decompression utility may ask you to choose or create a directory for the decompressed files. All program files will be decompressed into a single subdirectory (...\the_book\) in your chosen directory. [Example: If you decompress to the root directory of your main harddrive (C:\...), this directory would be C:\the_book\.]
- - To start the program, click on the file 'go_book.htm' (in the directory ...\the_book\). This start file is provided outside of the main file directory to make it easier to find. For frequent access to the program on your harddrive, you may wish to bookmark this file on your Browser's list of 'favorites'.
The directory also contains a readme.txt file and another subdirectory (...\the_book\the_book\). This second subdirectory contains all of the program files. Another start file is included in this directory (...\the_book\the_book\go_bible.htm), to allow full function from a single directory, if required.